Wednesday, April 26, 2006

We're Pregnant!

April 19, 2006....a day that will forever be engraved in our hearts and minds. Silly me, I ate hot dogs, went tanning, had a beer and Mountain Dew the whole weekend before! I had no idea! We really didn't think we were pregnant. I had taken a test the Friday before and it was negative. We bought the expensive kind and all. Then the following Wednesday, I had a few minutes to spare between my planning period and my next class. I decided to go to Dollar General and buy a $1 pregnancy test. I don't know what I was thinking! I took it 5 minutes before the next bell was about to ring. I didn't even think about what I would do if it turned out positive. Holy Smokes!!! Moral to this story is, buy generic.... it's better than the name brands! Needless to say, I just about passed out in the library bathroom! I scrambled to find someone to cover my class and just took off from school to see Chad. Funny thing is, he knew something was up! He called me and asked me if I was pregnant. Of course I had to lie! I wasn't about to break the news on the phone! When I got to his work, I told him I had to show him something I had bought. When he came out to the car, I handed him the positive test. He was shocked... in a good way.

We didn't tell my parents until the next day. They were really excited. Their baby is having a baby! We then decided to make a last minute trip to Kansas City to tell Chad's parents. This will be the first grandchild for his parents so we wanted to make it special. We went on the pretense of helping Coby (Chad's brother) move into his new house. They fell for it hook, line and sinker. Chad's dad is retiring in 3 weeks so we thought we would tell him we got him an early retirement gift. I bought the book "Chicken Soup for the Grandparents Soul". We wrapped it up and he opened it up with Chad's mom next to him. His mom thought it was for the "retired person's soul". Suddenly they realized what it said and his mom asked, "Are you trying to tell us something??" John just kept smiling and I think Jackie was in shock! They are very excited to meet this little miracle.

So far I'm feeling OK. I have a bit of queasiness but that's to be expected. I have had a couple of blood tests and the doctor is confident in my results. She said my hormone levels are all looking really good so that's wonderful news. By the way... due date as of now is December 23! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Our first ultrasound appointment is May 8. We'll post again then!



No comments:

Powered By Blogger