Thursday, June 21, 2007

Guess Who's Six Months Old!!!




So I can't believe it has been 6 months since Gavin arrived in our lives! I also can't believe I haven't managed to post since then either. Not like we haven't been busy but seriously... this post is long overdue!

Life has been so wonderful! We have enjoyed every moment we have spent with our "Little G". (My dad is Big G) I have often said he is the EASIEST baby but apparently he's heard me say that too much lately. Today he decided he needed to give me a run for the money. I guess he wanted to stay up and party for his 6 month birthday! Anyway, I think he's teething. He sure drools a lot but so far I don't feel any teeth coming through.

Gavin is a little peanut. He's only in the 5th percentile for weight. His height is average but he's a slender little dude. I was reviewing his medical records and in the doctor's notations she wrote "skinny". Clearly he didn't inherit this gene from my side!!! Anyway, Chad was and still is a lean machine so that must be where he gets it from.

In the past 6 months, we have discovered that Gavin loves puppets, is allergic to milk, soy and corn, loves to sleep, thinks his kitty is the coolest, doesn't care about the dog and prefers to not be in a car seat. He hates restaurants... says they offer him nothing to eat. He thinks it's funny when he pees while changing his diaper and Daddy is his favorite toy in the whole world. I think Chad feels likewise!

We've taken so many videos and pictures over the past 6 months. It's sad that I haven't been adding them gradually but I guess I will post a few at a time. Our professional photographer is FABULOUS and we can't wait to do his 6 month pictures. I ordered all of the newborn and 3 month pictures. We'll post some eventually. In the meantime, you can watch the youtube video of Gavin's first haircut. We did this when he was about 1 month old. He's had 5 haircuts since! FYI, he now sees a stylist since my attempt in this video. The link is at the bottom of the blog but the video actually plays at the top of the blog so you will need to scroll back up to the top to view it.

But... as if having Gavin wasn't a big enough project for us, Chad talked me into moving AGAIN!! Amazing.... This last time I even spent $50 for a address embosser. I really thought we would stay for a little while longer. Alas, it's been 2 years so it's time to move. We are actually building in the same neighborhood that we are currently in. Not only do we LOVE LOVE LOVE being in Westhaven, we have come to realize what a blessing it is to have my parents just around the block.

I am earning my real estate license and will be doing the purchase on our new home. Our friend Margaret is handling the sale of our current house. We didn't want to deal with the emotional side of the transaction as well as arranging the showings. Margaret has done a lovely job of marketing the house! I will take some pictures of the new house soon and post them too!

Well, duties are calling. I will definitely post more frequently than every six months!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger