Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gangsta Gavin


How funny is this? We didn't stage this picture at all! Gavin was playing around in the bonus room and came across my black Capital Records hat (from Chad's music days) and Chad's watch. I looked over and he had put the hat on sideways and had the watch hanging off his wrist like it was a big gold link bracelet. Of course he took the watch off by the time we got the camera out but funny none the less. By the way, if you can hear the music I have set to this post then you gotta check out the YouTube link to this video. It is the funniest darn thing I have seen in years.

Today was Mother's Day. Chad and Gavin gave me my Mother's Day present a couple weeks ago though. They bought me a digital SLR camera... Nikon D60. I am so excited to learn how to use it. I also need to figure out how to use Photoshop Elements 6 since I bought that months ago and haven't done a darn thing with it.

Last night, Chad and I went to see Verdi performed at the new Nashville symphony hall, The Schermerhorn. We aren't necessarily well versed in the world of opera or symphony but we enjoyed the performance not to mention the beauty of the hall. The building is amazing. They did a fantastic job of making it look like it had been constructed in earlier times. The inside is beautiful too. Afterwards, we went to Sole Mio for dinner, wine and dessert. Tiramisu.... Yummmmm....

You may have noticed I haven't posted for over a month. It's been a rough month for Gavin. Three weeks ago, Gavin got strep throat. Then he broke out in cold sores all through his mouth. His gums, tongue, cheeks, throat. It was AWFUL! He wouldn't eat a thing. Then when we thought we were all well.. he ends up with strep again! My friends call him the "Bubble Boy" since I won't go to playgroups or childcare with him... so how does he get this crap? I think I might buy my own shopping cart to take to Target, Walmart, etc. Do they make a bubble to fit over them?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger