1. Potty Training: I have had several of you ask how Gavin's potty training is going. Well, if you wait for him to tell you he has to go then it's really hit or miss. However, if you ask him if he wants to go he'll tell you yes and always "performs". Is that potty trained???
2. We have spent most of the summer working on the back yard. We had Mike Hays Landscaping do a landscape design for us back in April. We began with the Green Cowboy... hhmm. Not so good. We then moved on to Ed. What a miracle he was! He managed to salvage most of the plants that the Green Cowboy nearly killed. We had a sweet man named Jesus.. that's "Hey Zoos" not "Gee Zus". do the fireplace and patio. He didn't speak much english but he was truly a craftsman. We are so happy we found him.
3. I organized a consignment sale this fall here in Westhaven. My friend Ann (mom of QUADS) helped me run the sale and I think we will do it again in the spring. We did nearly $10,000 in sales and donated 50% of the proceeds to Waves, Inc. Because we had a 70% split with the consignors, we didn't net $10,000 but it gives a good idea as to how busy the sale was. I spent a lot of money on advertising this first time but hopefully we will not need to do that much advertising in the future since we now have an email database of consignors and shoppers. A HUGE shout out to Lillian for designing our logo and the site!
4. Chad's little brother tied the knot! Coby and Melissa were married on September14 in Kansas City. Gavin took his first plane ride and did REALLY well!!!
5. I am trying to lose weight. I will not call this baby weight since I lost all of that a long time ago. No.. this is "stay at home mom" weight. This is what happens when you have a toddler who isn't really interested in eating and a mom who can't imagine throwing that food in the garbage... hence it ends up in my mouth! We are doing a neighborhood "biggest loser" competition. It's $25 and winner takes all! I doubt I'll win but it's motivational.
Well that's all folks. Hope you are looking forward to the end of the political season as much as I am!!!!!


1 comment:
Hey girl, I"m trying to lose my 'dont know how I gained it 10 lbs' by December 1! So..good luck! I have a game at my Gym too to keep me going! :) Post pics of your backyard, i'm curious..
Post a Comment